Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max 2014 SP3 /// Backburner is rendering out black frames

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1842 Views, 3 Replies

Max 2014 SP3 /// Backburner is rendering out black frames

We're currently rendering out an animation, everything went fine so far, sending through test animations every evening, and today, when I restarted the computer with the backburner manager on it - everything went "coo-coo"

Black frames is all we're getting now..

When rendering out on the computer itself, everything looks fine, when put into the backburner, everything comes out black..

Any ideas as to why this is happening? We tried restarting all the computers

Ethan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

scratch that, DBR is rendering black as well, even without DBR it's rendering out black...

Message 3 of 4
FelixDames

I'm sorry to say to you but Backburner 2014 normal network rendering & DBR are working fine and as expected here with 3ds max 2014 SP3 + Extension. No black frame rendering here on my system. Must be some fault on your side or some issues with you renderingfarm. Is your farm maybe on Windows XP or Windows 8? Mine is Windows 7 64 bit only.

NOT CONFIRMED!

Good luck to solve the issue!

www.felixdames.de
www.music.felixdames.de
Physical RAM: 16GB / Virtual RAM: 16GB
GPU: NVidia QUADRO FX 2700M 512MB Driver: 332.50
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hey,

In the meantime we figured out the problem. - Since it wouldn't render on our system, nor with BB, DBR or in the end the Computer itself, it was file related, and when opening the RMW we noticed the famous "inverted matrix" error.

Luckely we already know what that means for us: we were scaling objects to "0" in our animation, and max tends to bug out when you're doing that, appearantly it's safer to scale to 0,0001 instead of simply "0".

We deleted the last objects made "scaling to 0", rescaled them by scaling to 0,001 (making them practicly invisible)

Thus: problem solved.

regards,

Ethan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report