Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while registering plugins (on render node)

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
RobH2
6493 Views, 22 Replies

Error while registering plugins (on render node)

I've installed Max Desing 2013 on 3 identical i7-k2600 render nodes. Two of them are fine but one of them keeps giving me the following error:

---------------------
Error while registering plugins

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at Autodesk.Max.Manager.RegisterLoadedPlugins()
----------------------

I installed the SP1 during the install. I launched Max locally and before the splashscreen comes up I get it there too. If I click 'OK' Max goes ahead and loads and seems to be OK. However, this is not a good scenario for a node that is unmonitored. I can't easily go in and click 'OK' on the node to get past the error everytime I submit a Network Render.

I have no 3rd party plugins installed at all. It's as straight and clean as it can be.

I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled Max 3 times now and that has not solved the issue.

Anyone know what this could be?

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2022-2024.2), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
mikegentile
in reply to: RobH2

deleting the
C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax
C:\Users\***\AppData\Roamingl\Autodesk\3dsMax
*** being your username,

this worked for me too. Thanks!
mike gentile
Message 22 of 23
ctbram
in reply to: RobH2

This also worked for me but I would like to add that I am VERY dissapointed that there was no reply from autidesk! Do they read these posts at all?

Furthermore, as users are we supposed to be OMNIPOTENT? I mean really now there is max and maya config folders in my documents, c:/appdata, c:/username/appdata/local, c:/username/appdata/roaming....

How the bloody hell are we to know which are safe to delete and MORE IMPORTANTLY why the bloody hell would these NOT be removed when we uninstall the god damn program! So you mean if one of these gets corrupted people end up having to totally reinstall their systems? That is totally UNACCEPTABLE and it's just shameful that not only did no one from autodesk respond to this but at least one user was forced into a complete reinstall!!!

I am seriously switching considering to modo some other non-autodesk product as I am also having boat loads of issues with maya and regardless where I post - the forums or through the tech support email I generally get no response or a complete circle jerk and of course you absolutely cannot EVER talk to a person!
Message 23 of 23

Thanks! It works for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report