Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download link broken for 3DS Max Design 2015 Win 64 Bit English

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
albal21
2023 Views, 10 Replies

Download link broken for 3DS Max Design 2015 Win 64 Bit English

Hi,

Trying to download student version but link results in:

Not found" 

Tried 2014 but fails to install, thinking Windows 8.1 issue which is why one went for 2015 in the first place.

Cheers,

Al

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
camilo.lemos
in reply to: albal21

Hi @albal21 

Thank you for reporting the broken link. Our teams will look into fixing this ASAP.

Meanwhile, please use the download link below to download 3ds Max 2015.

3ds Max 2015 64-bit

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 11
spacefrog_
in reply to: camilo.lemos

@Camilo

I think albal21 is looking for the 3ds Max Design version

Also - does R2 in the filename hint an updated package ? ( compared to the initial release )

Josef Wienerroither
Software Developer & 3d Artist Hybrid
Message 4 of 11
camilo.lemos
in reply to: spacefrog_

@spacefrog_ , @albal21 

Indeed, my mistake, I missed the "Design" part of the product.

Here's the correct link for 3ds Max Design 2015 64-bit.

Yes, the R2 does denote a new release of the product and addresses issues present in the original release.

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 11
albal21
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thank you - downloading now Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
jessica.t

You're welcome! Let us know if you need anything else at all Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 11
albal21
in reply to: jessica.t

Hey,

Just one more tiny thing..... the email I got back to say:

Thank you for registering your Autodesk product. The information you provide helps us serve you better in the future and helps you stay informed about Autodesk products and services.

Serial Number: [Removed by albal]
Product: Autodesk 3ds Max Desig 2015 
Computer Name: [Removed by albal]

Is missing the letter 'n' from the end of Design.

edit: it is also in the subject line "Autodesk Registration & Activations: Autodesk 3ds Max Desig 2015 ([Removed by albal])"

Hope that helps,

Al

Message 8 of 11
jessica.t

That is a strange typo! Thanks for bringing this up, I'll be sure to look into it. Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher
Message 9 of 11
MetalBlade

ANOTHER BROKEN LINK(s):  please fix!:

Files for:
" AutoCAD SUITE Ultimate - 2015": missing, i.e. error: "file not found".
I only care for 64bit, but also broken is 32bit (if anyone cares).
Note:  versions of 2014 down to 2010 are there, so are 2015 (including 2015) down to 2010 of Inventor Suite's, but 2015 Autocad Suite Ultimate is BROKEN.

Virtual Agent (you get there from Adesk's homepage --> Support/Downlaods --> "how to.." --> Virtual Agent.

==========

P.S.  PLEASE do NOT suggest to me to go other routes, like that lame Akamai D/L Manager from products webpage -->trial, subscription, etc.  I am not an amateur or born in the past 25 years, thus I only accept own-controlled "normal" downloads i.e. download a stand-alone installer, etc. as computer knowledgeable people been doing for decades.  Don't sned me to Clouds & other iNonsense, or clever ways to disguise forced installations for computer iDIOTS.  The installation should be offline, user-manageable, and if too many peopel today need assitance i tell you're NOT hard-core engineers.

Just fix the link in the "NORMAL" download i.e. at Virtual Agen, stand-alone/offlien installers.

Fact that Akamai or whatever Cloud fadbuss convoluted methods of donloading work, doesn't negate the fact your weblink is broken in VIrtual Agent.... where we, powerusers & computer knowledgeable engineers go, instead of Product Page -->trial.

P.P.S.  You don't even make possible to download with user's own (SUPERIOR) & Generic D/L manager, like FDM (Free Download Manager. dot ORG [not .dot COM !!), and your Akamai is taylored for just Autodesk, makes as much asense to use as a special shirt on Thursdays ONLY.

Message 10 of 11
jessica.t
in reply to: MetalBlade

Fixed! Apologies for the inconvenience but thank you very much for bringing this to our attention! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher
Message 11 of 11
MetalBlade

I like your lastName/surName ("Thrasher").

Sounds so Metal, like it's 1989 again... when you maynot've been born yet.

Thrasher is also the name of the famous nuclear vessel & its accident in deep ocean, an American one, if you don't count Russian bloopers.

Irrelevant for AutoDesk products, though!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report