Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of Design Suite 2013 - Error 1402 on 3DS max only

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
381 Views, 8 Replies

Deployment of Design Suite 2013 - Error 1402 on 3DS max only

been looking for a solution to this issue, we use Autodesk Suite 2012 and Design Studio 2013 Ultimate. Using the Autodesk deployment wizard, the only product with issues is the 3DS Max 2013, when deployed, The error logged is:

Product: Autodesk 3ds Max 2013 32-bit -- Error 1402. Could not open key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Autodesk\3dsMax\15.0\\CadManagerControl\SubscriptionCenter. System error 87. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

Logging in to the machines with the same credentials used to deploy running the same command line works with no issue. This is with all other componenents in the suite installing fine(Maya, Composite, Matchmover, Backburner)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

You have suite 2012 but Max 2013? Won't work - licenses are tied to the version and, I think, to either the suite or a stand-alone product, but not both. You will need a separate licence for Max 2013, or upgrade the entire suite to 2013.

You would be better off contacting your reseller, I think.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

We have Design Academy 2012 - which is the Autocad suite. and Entertainment and Creation suite 2013- this contains 3DS max 2013.

The only component that we have configured for deployment hat fails is the 3DS Max 2013.

This is the command line we are using.

msiexec /i"\\Server\AdminImage\3dsMax2013.msi" TRANSFORMS="3dsMax2013-AECS2013.mst" ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 MUILANG=en-us ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="\\Server\AdminImage\" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2013\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1 /q
Message 4 of 9
Steve_Curley

I don't have either suite so I can't really help. I still think your reseller is the best place to start asking.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Steve, already tried their suggestions of re downloading the subscription file and rebuild the deployment, none of that has worked so far. We are about 2 month in to working on this issue.
Message 6 of 9
stephengabriel

The 1402 is a pretty generic error regarding permissions and can be caused by some of the following:
1) Anti-virus software
2) Having Windows User Access Controls turned on
3) Issues with .NET Framework 4.0 installation.

Things to try:
1) Disable all firewalls and anti-virus software, kill in Task Manager if necessary
2) Disable Windows UAC. This one causes a great deal of problems so just leave it off
3) Download .NET Framework 4.0 from Microsoft's web site, uninstall the old and install the new version

Try installing the software directly after doing this rather than with a deployment image to see if it goes, then move on to using the deployment wizard if successful. Either way, post your results here so we can keep up with you.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Sgabriel

Every scripted install works fine when logged in using the same credential for deployment. And all other suites in the product installs just fine. These machines have been re-imaged and exibits the exact same error only on deployment.

We have tested different permissions on those registry keys, exporting keys from a successful install. All with the same errors.
Message 8 of 9
stephengabriel

Do you have a copy of the installation log for 3ds Max? Usually, this can be found in your Temp directory and it tends to list a bit more information than the error code. The most important portion is of course at the end of the log and I may be able to get more information if you can post the last 50 or so lines of the log.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

The log only contains that line of code:

Error 1402. Could not open key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Autodesk\3dsMax\15.0\\CadManagerControl\SubscriptionCenter. System error 87. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
=== Logging stopped: 10/4/2012 11:08:28 ===

Screen shots are attached. None of the otehr log files have any errors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report