Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil View-Vehicle Substitution Manager-randomization of car models

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mpeterson3
1637 Views, 2 Replies

Civil View-Vehicle Substitution Manager-randomization of car models

Hello. I have imported a SIM file from Paramics into 3DS and now I am trying to figure out how I can randomize the "Car" vehicle type to use a group of different car models. According to the help this should be easy... but I must be missing something.

attachment 1.png- The help file that more or less says its easy to do what I am trying to do.

attachment 2.png- During SIM file import I can see different different "ID" numbers for the different types of cars.

attachment 3.png- In the Vehicle Substitution Manager I can only select by vehical type "Name", not by "ID". So if I select "Car" it selects all cars and as far as I can tell I can only assign one type of vehicle to all selected vehicals. The only randomization that I see is for Vehicle Body Color.

How do I randomize the car models for all of the vehicle type "Car" or select by "ID" in the Vehicle Substitution Manager?

thanks.

Windows 7 Professional x64
2x Xeon E5620 @ 2.40 GHz
48 GB Ram
Nvidia Quadro 4000
Corsair Force 3 480 GB SSD
Infrastructure Suite Ultimate 2014
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello and good day to you.

Did you see this part of the help file:

Lets you choose random or individual Civil View vehicle types to apply to selected entries in the vehicle object list.

Use this panel to decide which vehicle meshes from the standard Civil View Vehicle Library to assign to the current selection of vehicles from the main vehicle object list. To assign vehicle library definitions to selected vehicle objects, either:

• Select a specific vehicle type, then click Assign Vehicle To List.

3ds Max Design viewports don't show the substitution until you click the Assign button.

• Select a vehicle sub-category such as Cars, Buses, or Trucks. Civil View assigns vehicles at random from within the specified sub-category. Click Assign Vehicle To List to complete the assignment.

3ds Max Design viewports don't show the substitution until you click the Assign button.

For instructions on how to customize the Civil View vehicle object libraries, see Civil View Object Library Overview.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you and have a great weekend.

Best Regards,

Jonathan Matthews

Autodesk Frontline Technical Support

Message 3 of 3

Wow I guess I just overlooked something last week. I thought I tried to assign a sub-category of cars last week, and I swear it didn't work. My guess is that I didn't hit the "Assign Vehicle to List" button when I had a sub-catagory selected. Either way it works now.

thanks for the help!

Windows 7 Professional x64
2x Xeon E5620 @ 2.40 GHz
48 GB Ram
Nvidia Quadro 4000
Corsair Force 3 480 GB SSD
Infrastructure Suite Ultimate 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums