Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Map + Render to Texture?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2170 Views, 2 Replies

Camera Map + Render to Texture?

Hi everyone! Looking for a little help..

I'm desperately trying to figure out if there is a way to use the Camera Map modifier together with Render to Texture. Smiley Sad So far every tutorial I've found only talks about Camera Map Per Pixel as a UV-less solution, which isn't too helpful for my current project. I'm working on a photo-realistic digital set, and would love to able to matte-paint and then project textures onto more distant geometry, as it'd hugely speed up my workflow and probably also produce the best results. However, I need to be able to save the projections as custom UV textures.

Would that be possible? Many thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I may have finally found it! The key seems to be NO Camera Map modifier, and a couple of tweaks in the render settings:

http://www.fumefx-training.com/training/Rayfire.html

Message 3 of 3
bryandagnes
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello! sorry i am not sure that is the right place for that question. I have a problem. i am trying to bake a complete map for an architectural model in 3ds max design 2012 to export into unity for an architectural walkthrough. for some reason my map come out very very blurred and low res even if my render settings are set to 3500 and also the render to texture settings are at 2048. do you guys have any reason?

thank you very much in advance!

Bryan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report