Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backburner 2015 split scan line doesn't work

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1617 Views, 9 Replies

Backburner 2015 split scan line doesn't work

Hey, I'm having issues with 2015 Backburner and split scan line. If I use Backburner to render a full image it works just fine but if I use split scan line it doesn't work. Instead of rendering the strips, it tries to render the full size of the image and it renders black. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am also having this same issue. At first I thought it might be because of npower issues but it seems that this is a general bug that models are not rendered in split scan line modes. 

Sorry that I'm not much help just wanted to say that you are not the only one having this issue. 

Message 3 of 10
jonathan.matthews

Hello.  After searching our database I have found that the issue of split scan line not working has been reported to our development team for research.  I will add your case to the list.  Thank you for your patience.

Additionally-

There is only one workaround at this time.

Use the perspective view to render, it will allow the split scan line rendering option to work properly.  See images below:

User-added image

User-added image

Message 4 of 10

Add me to the list.  I was just about to post the same issue.  Also your image links are broken.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: dbhinnant

I can confirm what Jonathan said about the perspective view. All i'm doing for now (until an update) is setting up my camera and then before I render I switch to perspective. Just be careful not to move your view. Btw orthographic works also!

Hope this helps.

Will

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Please add me to the list of split scanline rendering users, frustrated that I can't use Camera view to net render.  I just came across this thread & the perspective workaround seems OK, but surprised this isn't fixed yet many months after first reported.  Please fix in a hotfix soon!

Message 7 of 10
pokoy

I have a similar problem, only that it's with BB 2014. Every job that I send with the split scanline option saves a garbled image file where the filesize is way too small and corrupt, using exr as format here. Is this a known problem? Did a search here but didn't come across a similar problem.

Message 8 of 10
pokoy
in reply to: pokoy

Forgot to mention this: there are cases where a perspective view won't pick up parameters that are only rendered with a camera view, this applies for any camera that has specific renderer tags such as exposure, depth of field etc. So while the workaround may work in some cases, it certainly won't work for all users. Please, Autodesk, providing a workaround only is not a solution, we really need a fix for this.
Message 9 of 10
dbhinnant

This issue was fixed in SP2

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

is this bug fixed in 2014?  

And what about openXR format bug when rendering with split scan lines is not stitch strips. This bug of 2014 too.

Also there is a problem with render_to_texture + split scan lines.  It doesn't work. I try to render without split and it's work normal, but when use split fuction, its render my viewport, not my uvmaps. 2014 and 2015 have this problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report