Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A&D animated self. glowing problem (difference between "active time segment" & "single" rendering methods)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
264 Views, 4 Replies

A&D animated self. glowing problem (difference between "active time segment" & "single" rendering methods)

Hello,

Something very strange occurs:

I have an animated self illum. shader progressively lighting up but, when I render my anim with "active time segment", the self illum shader is not glowing and remains dark.
and when I render with "single" then everything returns fine and the self illum is working as it should.

I mean, if I render a frame where the shader should be glowing (55 for example ) with "single", it works. And when I check the frame 55 rendered with active time segment, the shader is black (not glowing).

??!!

I don't change any param when doing the two renders

Does anyone knows what's going on?

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The simple fact is, it's broken, it doesn't work right. There are a few thing in mr that don't animate properly in this way.
The workaround is to either animate the SI colour swatch, or put an Output shader in the SI map slot and animate that.
If you want something done about it, send a Defect Report.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

well thank you samab, I think it's clear now. And thank you also for the tips.
I just wanted to ask you a last question: does this problem occurs only with SI, or also with other shaders params?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

does this problem occurs only with SI, or also with other shaders params?

There are a few things in mental ray that behave in this unusual way when animated. I don't remember all of them off-hand, but one is this Falloff map setup. I think there are some others, but most things should work.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

thank you again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report