Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max 2015

189 REPLIES 189
Message 1 of 190
rsparwasser
27686 Views, 189 Replies

3ds max 2015

Hi,

time for me to renew my subscription 😞 Does anybody heard any news about max 2015 features. Hope the 2014 subscription extentions are not the only new features.

Hopefully they include liquids and smoke stuff in it. And additionally new nodes in the node based material editor, like add glow, blur nodes and so on.

best

rog

189 REPLIES 189
Message 2 of 190
luxxeon
in reply to: rsparwasser

I'm actually hoping they do some modeling enhacements, more than anything else.  The Graphite tools are excellent, and some of the best in the biz, but there's areas that are in desperate need of improvement here.  Like Distance Connect (doesn't work on curved surfaces), and Chamfering (needs Quad Chamfer-like control).  I'm really hoping they do some tweaking with the modeling tools this time; they haven't been touched since 2010, and desperately need attention to keep pace with C4D or Modo.

If you're on subscription you should know by now that you'll hear next to nothing until AD release a few "sneak peeks" about a month before release.
Any new features will almost certainly have been decided upon long ago so turning this into a "2015 wishlist" is likely to be a fruitless exercise. The 3ds Max Feedback site (UserVoice) is the place to post "wishes", not here.

As this thread contains neither News or an Announcement it has been moved to to the General Discussion forum.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 4 of 190

if youve ever watched any of the meet the experts webinars you'll know they cant disclose what enhancements are coming as Autodesk is a publicly traded company.

However, if you watch the latest webinar there are a few winks nods and smiles when some questions are asked.

i'm saying no more

Message 5 of 190
irispolar

I hope... realtime viewport blend mode, like photoshop's layer blend  add  , overay , screen , multiply....

Message 6 of 190
Steve_Curley
in reply to: irispolar

To repeat what was said earlier:-
The 3ds Max Feedback site (UserVoice) is the place to post "wishes", not here.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 7 of 190
Pyro777
in reply to: Steve_Curley

I hope it can make my coffee morning and cause world peace.

...every year this happens.

Max 2019
Win 10 64-bit; Dual Xeon E5-2699 v4 @ 2.20 GHz; 64 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
V-Ray 4.02.05.00001
Message 8 of 190
darawork
in reply to: Pyro777

I've heard it will be LGBT friendly, about time.

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 9 of 190
Pyro777
in reply to: darawork

LOL, yes...about time. Funny....I don't remember seeing that on the user request list.

Max 2019
Win 10 64-bit; Dual Xeon E5-2699 v4 @ 2.20 GHz; 64 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
V-Ray 4.02.05.00001
Message 10 of 190
darawork
in reply to: Pyro777

It's down near the bottom somewhere, Fabulous modfier... along with Pink Sparkley particle emitter and Rainbow Daylight system.

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 11 of 190
lightcube

I had to look up that abbreviation... and now that I have seen the results... I am afraid of all the ads that I have to screen from the wife and kids now that Google tracked that search string! Oh well... at least it's better than accidentally searching something for Maya... 😮

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm
3ds Max plugins and Scripts

3ds Max 4/Gmax - 3ds Max 2020
Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
Message 12 of 190
mythicalmuse
in reply to: lightcube

no liquids, that's going to Maya

Message 13 of 190
PROH
in reply to: mythicalmuse

..as well as "Send to Unity" and all Blogs. Aren't there any Max-bloggers back? Feels like "Max has left the building". Some months ago we were told, that there were a lot of positive energy in the Max-team, and later we were told, that the team was growing. Not a word about Max...
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 14 of 190
Steve_Curley

@lightcube wrote:
I had to look up that abbreviation... and now that I have seen the results... I am afraid of all the ads that I have to screen from the wife and kids now that Google tracked that search string!
www.ixquick.com - anonymous google searches. Note that the results are unadulterated and thus contain all the noxious click-tracking garbage they attach to everything.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 15 of 190
lightcube
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Thank you Steve.

Still waiting on the Matrix-style learning though. 😛

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm
3ds Max plugins and Scripts

3ds Max 4/Gmax - 3ds Max 2020
Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
Message 16 of 190
Steve_Curley

Could certainly come in handy on occasion 😉

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 17 of 190
phloog
in reply to: PROH

@PROH wrote:
..as well as "Send to Unity" and all Blogs. Aren't there any Max-bloggers back? Feels like "Max has left the building". Some months ago we were told, that there were a lot of positive energy in the Max-team, and later we were told, that the team was growing. Not a word about Max...

I think it may very well be the same blowing of smoke, and I fell for it again.  I've made a deal with my crew...if I don't hear announcements about SUBSTANTIAL gains for Max, we're out.  And I think it's probably hopeless, because if they aren't lying, and they are doing stuff for Max, then:

1) It isn't going to be done by my next subscription renewal, and

2) They won't talk about any of it as it's 'future looking'

Let me be more clear.  There are lots of folks talking about whether or not Max is dead.  The truth is undeniable, Max IS DEAD - we are only waiting to see if they try to revive it, but it's already a cold body.

Message 18 of 190
darawork
in reply to: phloog

Populate with added AI, and a proper array of weapons?

Tripping them up with furniture gets a bit boring.

Darawork
AutoDesk User

Message 19 of 190
rsparwasser

All the new product mangers of 3ds max telling us that something big is coming, never seen before... hopefully this time it really will.

It would help, if Eperlberg could give us a more clear state of what that will be. Is it the new nvidia FLEX? Or a new stereoscopic viewport plugin which will work with a nvidia card - instead of just the ati - 😉 

I really love Max, but when you look at other 3d competitors - free packages like blender - they are filled with everything you need. And even when Eperlberg  may think, 3ds max people don´t need fluids or volume rendering, its avaiable as plugs and this is good, because max users don´t need/want it.This can´t be the future of max, other packages have it included, max need it too...plugins are good, but fluids, smoke, fire and so on are essential core features these days.

2013 everybody wanted a fluid and smoke system, non of them get listened, what they got was an egg spline. Maya has volumes since years, a much better particle & dynamic simulation system (Pflow is good, but the new Box 3 is everything but userfriendly whether you are Einstein) and what the new subscription has for maya is incredible, that multiscatter thing and the extreme new powerful poly modelling toolset. 

2014 subscription for max was a joke...and waste of money. 

My sugesstion for Eperlberg, start treating Max like Maya, or make a new app from both of them, or give max user the possibility to switch to maya...and the most most important thing is; really start listening to the users not to the adsk financial managers.

good luck!

http://www.sparwasser.com

Message 20 of 190
phloog

I do think that the right thing to do, that they will NEVER do is what was mentioned above...simply described, they could:

1) Admit that Max is no longer being developed for film/VFX in any substantial way

2) Admit that ALL the cool stuff for that work (like fluids) is going to Maya, and that Max is now Design Viz.

3) Allow all current Max subscribers who bought Max to do film/VFX a one-time free switch to the product Autodesk has now decided gets support in this area.

I feel like, all announcements aside, the final nail was the eleven hours that Frank Delise was in charge....it was the final proof that A) They had NO IDEA what to do with Max, and B) they couldn't care less.

Look forward to a 'stability release' (AGAIN!!!) for the next version, NOTHING new with fluids or film effects, and a Populate tool that is still 95% directed toward architects.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report