Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max 2014 Autodesk.Max.Wrappers.dll

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Eblermeister
12101 Views, 11 Replies

3ds max 2014 Autodesk.Max.Wrappers.dll

Hello.

I am a student who is going to spend the next 3 years studying 3d animation and games..
My study starts in a month and i need 3ds max. I got the program but was unable to install it because of a dll file called litehtml.dll, that seemed to be missing - i managed to install the program by using a windows tool.

After installing it, the program started but showed an error saying: "The assembly D:\Programmer\3ds Max Design 2014\bin\assemblies\Autodesk.Max.Wrappers.dll encountered an error while loading.

After showing the error, the program starts, and i encounter a lot of dll errors.

What i have tried after reading in a lot of forums:

Reinstalling the program.

Updating windows.

Reinstalling my nvidia gforce 680 m drivers.

Using administrator rights and win vista and xp settings.

My computer is new and expensive (it is a laptop)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz

16,0 GB ram

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 - nvidia 680 m

What can i do to fix this error?

Thanks in advance 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
hopper2k
in reply to: Eblermeister

I keep getting this same issue as well.  I read on another forum you can move that .dll file from /bin to /stdplugs and it will resolve the issue.  I'm using Max 2014 trial version.  However, it seems to be a temporary fix, as that .dll file will seem to randomly reset itself back to the /bin folder.  It's very annoying.

Message 3 of 12
Eblermeister
in reply to: hopper2k

It's very annoying indeed - i ended up reinstalling win 8.. that seemed to fix it 😕
Message 4 of 12

I have the same issue, on a very new installation of Windows 8. It seems that 3ds has a lot of issues with Windows 8, I had to run the installer in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode to get past this issue.

Message 5 of 12
kanga007

win 7 64bit

max 2014

Just got the error (see attached image). Max wont start. Moving the dll to the standardplug folder wont allow max to startup. 2 service packs installed. Maybe a good time to step over to Maya? 🙂

Any advice welcome.

Message 6 of 12

Hello,

before reinstalling video drivers and the complete application or the operating system itself,

I would recommend deleting the User Preferences of 3dsMax.

Therefore just rename the folder "ENU" (for english version) or DEU (for german version) for example, into ENU_old and restart 3dsMAX.

The folder can be found here for the 2014 version:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014- 64bit

This is a sort of factory reset of the application.

You can also try to switch to a different Windows user profile in order to figure out if the issue is user related.

Best Regards,

Florian Coenen

Message 7 of 12
ckypro3

thanks so much man that fixed it! i was feaking out because i hae homework due tomorrow.

Message 8 of 12
sonypunk77
in reply to: Florian.Coenen

The folder can not be found here for the 2014 version:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014- 64bit

Message 9 of 12
Frekli
in reply to: hopper2k

Tryed that and it don´t work.

Message 10 of 12
Steve_Curley
in reply to: sonypunk77

AppData is a Hidden folder - you need to set Windows Explorer to "show hidden files and folders" in order to find it and the folders below it. See here > Reset Max User Settings.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 11 of 12
Frekli

If I was head of software support I´d have Autodesk Application Manager to handle the problem, not the customer...

Maby it´s a PC thing but on a Mac you´d never experience fekali like this. But Autodesk don´t go there so I guess I´ll have to keep polishing the porselane with the Win-brush. Sucks...

Message 12 of 12

HI...what you have to do...first go to my computer then uninstall or change program then right click on 3ds max 2014/15 their are two option uninstall or repair/reinstall click on reinstall then same process will be apply on autodesk direct connect then see whether it works or not ...then restart your pc/laptop... *********** 2nd method unistall all the plugin except 3ds max  AND autodesk direct connect(ADC)...and same process with 3ds max nd ADC go to control panel and repair them....and restart your pc...don't worry guys your 3ds max will work properly after uninstalling all the plugin...then what you have to do download 3ds max.when 3ds max is downloaded then install dont worry it will not overwrite your student version...it only install plugins...hope this technique will work... 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report