Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max 2012 display issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
389 Views, 1 Reply

3ds max 2012 display issue

When we started working with 2012 64bit, there is no issue. After start sharing files with our team, we all are getting viewport issue. If we select some perticular object then it displays some objects with wireframe which are not in the scene. And if we pan or zoom in/out viewport then some lines are shown. Some time autocad plan also will visible. It appears in both wireframe and shaded mode. Please find the attached image. We are using ATI firepro v4800 graphics card. Please help me out this issue because our all shared files are getting affected by this.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
PROH
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi. Looks strange, and could probably be caused by a number of things. My best guess is, that your having some scaling problems, caused by objects beeing scaled on object level in either max or your CAD program (AutoCAD?). Regarding the appearance of non existing object, this could be caused by CAD blocks containing both shapes (open) and geometry being treated as geometry - this way the shapes vil be invisible when not selected but can be visible when selected (depending on your settings).

- Check that your unit settings are correct (both system and display).
- Examine CAD block content, and delete unused content.
- Reset Scale and Transform for the troublesome objects or use the Reset X-form utility.

If none of this helps, then post a file with some of the troublesome objects, and I'll take a look at it.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report