Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS MAX 2014 doesn't save my project well

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
danvegan
705 Views, 3 Replies

3DS MAX 2014 doesn't save my project well

Hello, guys. I've been using 3DS Max for a week. Yes, I'm a beginner but I will start an animation 3D course in college next week (very excited about that).

The problem is, I've been facing a HUGE difficulty. This is the tenth time I make the VERY SAME project and it turns out to have the same problem. I have even changed the version (I used to use 2009 and now I use 2014).

Guys, what happens is, 

First of all, I create a wall and a sliding window. I make a hole on the wall and place the window into it and it looks perfecly alright. Then, I close the program, reopen it and the window is crooked, part outside the wall, part inside. Turns out many people have this problem too, so it's alright.

THE REAL PROBLEM is when it comes to CLOTH modifier. Everything, everything I try to make using cloth, it simply won't save.

Example:

I created a teapot, created a plane, put it over the teapot, cloth modifier, set everything correctly, simulate local and voilá. The cloth perfectly falls ON the teapot, just like it is supposed to be. I save the project (file>save as> save), I reopen it and the plane is OVER the teapot all straight, just as if I had created a NEW plane. I go to the modifier and the cloth is there, all set like I had set, but the plane is just a plane and not a cloth anymore.

Please, what am I doing wrong? I'm getting very frustrated. Excited about the course I'll start next week, how I really want to go deep in 3D animation and become an EXCELLENT professional one day, but I can't seem to solve this - annoying - problem.

Could you help me out? THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Daniel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
danvegan
in reply to: danvegan

Wow, I'm so stupid. I just figured the problem. When I open the software, it's at frame 0. I drag the bar until frame 100 and I see the cloth falling again. My God! I'm useless!! haha I'm sorry.

Message 3 of 4
PROH
in reply to: danvegan

Hi. Regarding your wall/window problems. If you use an AEC Wall and AEC Windows, the windows will make a hole in the wall itself. I have never seen the "flipping" issue you describe, but all AEC objects are a bit weird about "units", so check if you're units are set up correct - both "System Units" and "Display Units".

Hope it helps.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 4 of 4
danvegan
in reply to: PROH

Thank you very much! I tried everything I knew (which is not much at all) and I couldn'tt get the window to work after closing the program. So, I duplicated the window, used the Booblean, made a hole manually in the wall and placed the window in there. Now it is working. Not practical at all. But it worked.

Thank you!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report