Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 License Update

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
lightcube
222 Views, 15 Replies

2012 License Update

I got a call from my reseller who was getting my new license server file to include Max 2012... he just told me that Autodesk hasn't updated my license for 2012 yet... despite being on Subscription and being able to download 2012.

I am curious if others have had this issue yet? Is it an issue of having a network license?

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm
3ds Max plugins and Scripts

3ds Max 4/Gmax - 3ds Max 2020
Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
PiXeL_MoNKeY
in reply to: lightcube

Stuff is still being rolled out and processed. I have a personal standalone license as well as a standalone license for work. The serial/product key for the work license has been updated to 2012, while my personal license is still showing 2011.

-Eric
Message 3 of 16
Doughboy12

That may be why my product code won't go through...?
3ds Max 2012 Certified Professional
Windows 7 Enterprise 64Bit
Intel Xeon X5650 @ 2.67 x2 36GB
3ds Max 9 - 2013

I just got off the phone with my reseller. Our license information was changed to Maya, and appears to be corrupted. My reseller is indicating that they are receiving a number of calls about this problem, so it may be widespread.
Message 5 of 16
lightcube

So my reseller has gotten back to me and said there was some kind of delay that Autodesk is having with sending out new licenses/serial numbers. Seems odd since it feels like there are plenty of people who do have access so far.

Anyway... now I have to practice what I preach to my kids all the time... patience... Now I remember what it was like to be a kid who's waiting for the trip to the amusement park to end...

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm

Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
Message 6 of 16
ErikJDurwoodII

My MAX license was also switched to Maya. Still waiting on a response from them.
Message 7 of 16
foglevel

My license was switched to Maya, also.
Max 2017
Max 2018
Maya 2018
DELL Precision T7910
RAM 64 GB
Intel Xeon CPU ES-2667 v3 @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA Quadro M5000
Message 8 of 16
dongray
in reply to: Doughboy12

Guessing that is what happened to mine too,
called but they were closed.
Just checked to confirm my subscription says Max 2012,
I remember now that it did, but the site is down again.
Message 9 of 16
lightcube

Maybe this is an issue of choosing Box as the delivery option in the Subscription Center? Maybe you don't get the new serial number until the boxes are printed if you do that? I've always left it box since it makes a good center piece for the book shelf...

Anyway... installed it on several machines but can't play with it yet... the suspense is killing me!

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm

Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
Message 10 of 16
rhenley

No I don't think so. We have the new serial number (it's available in the subscription's contact coverage), but there are no network licenses available for us as yet.
Message 11 of 16
brian

My reseller indicated that the license controller was a secondary vendor to Autodesk. As my reseller is primarily an Autocad dealer, and they were reporting several complaints, it sounds like a database problem with the accounts. I put in a request from my reseller and two days later the problem was fixed.
Message 12 of 16
lightcube
in reply to: brian

That's what I was feeling... so I called Autodesk directly and they handled the issue for me. Although I was told that Autodesk had 30 days to give out the new license according to the license agreement, the subscription support line updated my info within a couple hours.

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm

Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
Message 13 of 16
dongray

Called the given number I received in the email response after contacting them
and was told my subscription wasn't updated to 2012 yet,
that they upgrade in blocks of contract numbers.
Message 14 of 16
dongray

"installed it on several machines but can’t play with it yet"

Why not use it in trial mode?
Message 15 of 16
lightcube
in reply to: dongray

I was originally told that it wasn't released yet. When I said that according to the forums here, others are using it, I was then told it had been delayed. Then I was told the same thing you mention... that it was released in blocks (as Eric insinuated in an earlier post)... but for some reason that didn't set too well with me... seems odd that a database of serial numbers has to be processed in blocks rather than just done (but maybe it's a volume thing to keep databases not getting hit too hard at once... dunno...)

Anyway, that's when I called Autodesk and was told the same thing directly... that it is rolled out in chunks... but the lady was kind enough to manually push the license through.

So she made me happy and I got to test it out a little last night and this morning finally!

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm

Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

Must be common problem, my 3ds Max 2012 was switched to Maya also 😞

Garbage in Garbage out, must be Autodesk operator error 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report